Monday, July 1, 2013

Together (times three...)

Talk about a near perfect day!  On Sunday June 30 (right before Canada Day) I got to spend time with each of my kids doing something special with each at the cottage.


Zac and I went for a canoe trip from the cottage to Norland (about 10 km).  The winds were behind us and the current carried us wonderfully!  Along the way we spotted lots of cool stuff - including this Heron.  Our trip ended with a great lunch at the Riverside Inn in Norland (Fish and Chips - yummy!).



In the afternoon Hannah and I went out on the pontoon boat for a casual cruise.  Along the way we encountered this loon who was preening himself in between fishing dives.  I let Hannah gingerly pilot the boat closer to the loon while I frantically snapped pictures (like Humming Birds and mushrooms - I never tire of taking pictures of Loons).  


After a delicious meal of Ribs and Wings (and Grandpa's coleslaw), Joel and I set up for the evening finale!  Joel is big fan of things that go boom and I was a very willing assistant.  The picture does not do justice to the fun we had lighting up the night sky.

Af the end of a day like this it is impossible to not feel very blessed.  Not only do I have amazing kids - but they actually seem to enjoy doing stuff with their old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment