Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Why


Yes, its a louse - a head louse.  Won't say from whose head.  

Here's the question:  Why does this thing even exist?  What larger purpose does it serve?  I do wonder if creatures like this are an aberration, an unfortunate outcome, if you will.  (I wonder the same thing about mosquitoes...)

The bottom line is we don't know.  OK - some may claim to know the larger purpose of such things - but I sure don't.  All I know is they are a pain - literally and figuratively.

Perhaps they do have a larger purpose in this big thing we call life but I (we) just can't see it.

Painful things are often like that, aren't they?

1 comment:

  1. I think head lice and mosquitoes have exactly the same purpose on earth as humans do; to live. As far as the planet is concerned, the louse is a small nuisance living in balanced existence with nature and humans pose a huge nasty threat! Don't get me started. Watch "How to Boil a Frog" :^J

    ReplyDelete